Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Last night I attended a party at the Society of Illustrators, where the Manhattan Chapter of the National Cartoonists Society celebrated the 88th birthday of its member, Arnold Roth. It was a wonderful gathering of syndicated and non-syndicated cartoonists, writers, friends and family of a very funny, warm and talented person. There was food, cake, beverage and lots of laughter and good times which comes naturally with being with good people. My husband and I even won a very special raffle prize!

After being away from the group for several months, it was an especially happy occasion for me to be back together with creative people in the industry. I work alone, as so many of the people there do, and it was great to trade stories, meet new people and just enjoy being together in a lovely venue with wonderful people. Gatherings like this keep me going.

Any comments, contact me at: gagsbyhelene@gmail.com.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment