Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Upcoming Election Can Be A Gold Mine -Part II

As a sequel to the entry I posted last Wednesday, I just want to say again that the upcoming Presidential election is ripe for humor. It's everywhere you turn: newspapers, magazines, radio, television, websites, podcasts and so on. Unless you're living in a cave, you can't get away from it. And what an election it is. Between the caucuses, primaries, debates, candidates winning, candidates losing, candidates dropping out, there's plenty of material out there.

Like I said last week, I watch local and national news, I read daily and weekly newspapers, I read weekly magazines, I listen to news radio. I jot down items, locations and phrases that will be used in my gag writing. I place the characters in unfamiliar places, like desert islands or at heaven's gate, and let them do the talking. I'm always trying to match up phrases in unfamiliar situations. Sometimes it leads to humor - sometimes it doesn't.

I don't write political gags, but I just don't think this Presidential election can be ignored. I'm writing the gags now because I don't want to miss out. There's plenty of twists and turns in this election...and it's only February.

Good luck writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment